Sunday, October 4, 2009

Cornbread Hamburger Pie





My husband LOVES cornbread. We eat regular shepherd's pie all the time and he told me he had it with cornbread on top on his mission. When I found this recipe, I just had to try it out!

Corn Bread Hamburger Pie

1 lb ground beef
1 medium onion, chopped
1 medium green pepper, chopped
1 can condensed tomato soup, undiluted
1/4 cup salsa
1 tbsp steak sauce (optional)
1 package (8 1/2 oz) corn bread
1 can green beans, drained
1 1/2 cups frozen corn

1. In a 10-in ovenproof skillet, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain.

2. Stir in the soup, salsa, ketchup and steak sauce if desired.

3. Meanwhile, prepare corn bread batter according to package directions; let stand for 2 minutes.

4. Spoon over beef mixture. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes or until slightly browned.

1 comment:

  1. Cute Homer recipes, I get it! Love it! I will be following ya! You should try this recipe I just tried out, only I don't have a recipe, I just make it up. Its pumpkin ravioli! Basically its a alfredo sauce with canned pumpkin mixed in over raviolis. Its good!

    ReplyDelete