Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Caribbean Jerk Chicken

Mike and I were watching Kitchen Nightmare the other night and they had a Jamaican restaurant on. Ever since then, I have been craving this AMAZING recipe of Jerk Chicken that I made in culinary school. Of course I have no idea where that recipe is, but I did happen to have a batch of this recipe in my freezer. :) Turned out great too!


Caribbean Jerk Chicken Freezer Recipe

2 1/2 lbs chicken pieces
2 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp vegetable oil
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp thyme
1/2 tsp ground red pepper flakes
1 envelope
Italian salad dressing mix

Combine ingredients except chicken in a small bowl. Add chicken to a freezer bag, then add Caribbean Jerk mixture. Carefully move the chicken around so it is thoroughly coated, then freeze.

On cooking day, thaw in refrigerator and remove chicken pieces, disposing of the leftover marinade. Barbeque on a grill or bake in a 375 oven for approx 60 minutes (may vary depending on which chicken pieces are used.

** I again used frozen cutlets for this meal. I never thought about using frozen chicken until my sister suggested it. It makes the prep SO much fast and easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment