Monday, April 11, 2011

Mexi Beef Casserole Freezer Recipe

Recently I decided that I wanted to spend 1 day a month prepping and freezing meals for the month. I ended up with 20 meals (some were duplicates of course) in the freezer to use for this month. Every time I try one, I'll post it on here :)


Mexi Beef Casserole Freezer Recipe

1 pound ground beef
1 15-oz can sweet corn, drained
1 cup mild, chunky salsa
1/4 cup sliced black olives
1 pkg cooked egg noodles
1 15-oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
1/4 cup taco sauce
1 package taco seasoning mix
1/2 cup tomato sauce

Cook egg noodles according to instructions, drain. Meanwhile, brown beef in a skillet until brown and fully cooked. Drain any grease. In a bowl, combine all ingredients, then pour into a freezer container or a 9x13 baking dish. Freeze (may want to allow it to come down to room temperature before placing in freezer)

On cooking day, thaw completely in fridge (take it out the night before or morning of). In a preheated 325F oven, cook for 30-45 minutes, or until bubbly and completely hot throughout. Serve!

**I also mixed in some grated cheddar cheese. Yum!
***Because it is only Mike and I, I split this recipe in to 2 9 by 9 pans.

No comments:

Post a Comment